Friday 4 October 2013

Not Washed or Cooked, # 64

A friend has just asked me how I find the mangles I post. More to the point, how do I stop finding them? Mangles are all over the place: almost every book and newspaper I read, virtually every website I visit, everywhere I go, mangles surround me.

Yesterday I went into town with a friend, walked across a car park, chatting away, and two steps past the parking-ticket machine I stopped, reversed, double-checked, and got the camera out for this gem caught in the corner of my eye:


A traffic warden came over to see what I was doing. As soon as we told him there was an error, he spotted it and laughed a lot. I think I’ve made a new convert to the world of Mangling English. Perhaps I should make some cards to hand out…

No comments:

Post a Comment